Goodwill Lamp Redo - Slipcovered Grey Goodwill Lamp Redo - Slipcovered Grey

Goodwill Lamp Redo

**The links in this post contain affiliate links for your convenience.  If you make a purchase after clicking on a link –  I will receive a small commission.**

Happy Friday!
Today I am going to share a lamp that was super fun and easy to make
beautiful again!
 It was a Goodwill find.  When I saw it, it immediately went into my cart, not a second thought about it.  It was a breeze to “fix up” too!
This doesn’t look like a Goodwill find, does it?

Renew a Goodwill Lamp

Here is what I did…
I painted Annie Sloan “Old White” all over the body, super easy, right?
 Then took Annie Sloan dark wax and voila… it was done!

Goodwill Lamp

The lampshade is from JoAnn’s with the adhesive already on the shade.  I like this option so I can add the right fabric for the look I am going for.  The directions are a breeze to follow.

Voila… that was done!
 Super easy!

Renew a Goodwill Lamp

Here is the “before”…

I am sure the brass was a ‘beaut’ in the day, but today she’s looking much better,
don’t you think?

Renew a Goodwill Lamp

I hope this inspires you to go check out your local thrift shop
and transform something!
If you happened to notice the chair and desk in this post, those details
will be coming soon!

Enjoy!
Angie

If you liked what you read, I appreciate all the sharing you do!

and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too.

You may also enjoy…

French Patina

Dry Brush Tutorial                 What’s Underneath Your Upholstered Seat?

Previous Post Next Post

23 Comments

• Betsy@ coastal-colors

Who would have thought this brass lamp could be transformed! It’s gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this amazing transformation!

January 7, 2012 at 9:32 pm Reply
  • Betsy@ coastal-colors

Angie, I just posted a link to your blog (http://coastal-colors.blogspot.com/2012/01/slipcovered-grey.html). I hope you don’t mind. I just love this post, your blog and projects!

January 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm Reply
  • Angie

Thanks so much Betsy! I appreciate you posting a link to our blog. I visit you often and love what you are doing too! I hope to see you soon and see all of your fabulous pieces in person.

January 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm Reply
  • High Street Cottage

Hi Angie, I’m joining your blog via Betsy’s she was kind enough to share your link. What a lovely lamp! I did a similar finish years ago, it’s in our bedroom, but we’re changing it out after 10 years. But I still love the finish, and plan to keep it perhaps in a new room. Yours is just gorgeous! I can’t imagine why anyone buys anything new nowadays.
    Happy to be your newest follower, tami

January 7, 2012 at 10:36 pm Reply
  • ✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life

I love the transformation!!!

Dee

January 7, 2012 at 11:50 pm Reply
  • Angie

Thanks Tami and Dee! I agree, I enjoy buying the worn out pieces and making them look great! Sure gives you the chance to be creative and decorate without breaking the bank.
    Thanks for following!

January 8, 2012 at 9:32 am Reply
  • Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

Gorgeous transformation,Angie! I never think of painting metals with the chalk paint and obviously it adheres well. I found your blog through Betsy.

January 8, 2012 at 10:16 am Reply
  • NanaDiana

GREAT makeover. I am your newest follower-coming over from Betsy at Coastal Home- Hugs- Diana

January 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm Reply
  • NanaDiana

PS-Pop yourself over to Debbie Doos blog-she is hosting a newcomer party and they are going to eat you up with this project. Your followers will jump up like crazy~ xo Diana

January 8, 2012 at 9:00 pm Reply
  • Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest

Oh my gosh, well done!! I cannot even believe that transformation- WOW!!!!!

I really need to quite being afraid to try painting something. Really.

Pop over to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphasis Monday, too – you need to show this off to many bloggers!

You are an inspiration!!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 12:50 am Reply
  • Angie@slipcoveredgrey.blogspot.com

Thank you! Yes, get out that paint, if I can do it… so can you!

Thanks for the info., I will check out Metamorphasis Monday.

January 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm Reply
  • pink*cherub*moon

So beautiful and just my style! You wouldn’t believe that there was cheesy brass undeneath that gorgeous paint and wax! Yes, I did notice the desk and chair – will be looking for details on those too! Glad I found you through Debbiedoo’s Newbie Party! I’m now a follower! Hugs, Leena

January 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm Reply
  • Terri @ A Creative Princess

How simple to turn out so beautiful! Oh, and I love your window in the picture! I’m a sucker for old windows! I would love for you to link up Thursday (actually it starts tonight) to It’s a Party!

January 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm Reply
  • Laura Strohm

That looks great. I did one just like it. It looks like that was a Stiffel lamp. Thanks for the tip on finding Lampshades at Joann’s. I will check them out. I hope they are cheaper than what I have paid at target.
    Lampshades are not cheap.

April 28, 2014 at 10:37 am Reply
    • Angie

Thanks Laura! I also have found some amazing deals on lampshades at Home Goods, you may want to check them out too. Lampshades aren’t cheap, so it’s always nice to find a designer look for the fraction of the price. 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 12:51 pm Reply
  • Cynthia

Lampshades also at goodwill..

March 5, 2015 at 12:55 am Reply
  • Judy Milostan

Found 2 lamps for master bedroom, love the design but need to paint them. Want to use a “darker shade” of the pillow on the bed which is a “soft” green/blue, as the under tone, and Old White on top….then rubbing some of the white paint off to bring out the darker shade of the green/blue color. How do I get the darker shade if I can only find the lighter which is the robins egg color? Thanks

December 31, 2015 at 1:17 pm Reply
    • Angie

Hi Judy, your idea about the lamps sound like they will be beautiful. I would suggest heading to a stockist of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. They have so much experience with the paints and how colors from the line work together. You could then bring in your pillow and they could help you create the color you are looking for.

January 6, 2016 at 7:46 am Reply
  • Irene Garib

Awesome transformation! We are definitely inspired by your creativity!

September 26, 2018 at 12:31 am Reply
    • Angie

Thank you, Irene!

October 2, 2018 at 7:49 pm Reply
  • Julie

I just bought a lamp from a thrift store because it had a really nice shade. I just found the solution for the base. Thank you much!

October 1, 2018 at 2:20 am Reply
    • Angie

That’s great, Julie! Best of luck with your project.

October 2, 2018 at 7:50 pm Reply