A Little Backyard Paradise | Slipcovered Grey A Little Backyard Paradise - Slipcovered Grey

A Little Backyard Paradise

Garden Backyard

Are you enjoying the warmer weather as much as I am?

School is out, flowers are blooming, and the pool is calling everyone’s name.

I enjoy sitting by the pool, but I also enjoy my backyard.  Sitting in my Adirondack chairs with my morning cup of java relaxes me as I hear the birds sing in the backyard.  I try to overlook all of the unfinished projects and watch golfers tee off.  The tall pine trees in Georgia are a sight to see as they move gently back and forth in the wind.

It is peaceful…  it’s almost paradise.

This is where I sit…

Backyard

and drink my coffee.

Garden

Confederate Jasmine fills the air with a beautiful scent

Flowers

and my favorite flowers are starting to bloom.

Backyard Garden

Hydrangeas are my all time favorite.

You can even get a glimpse of the backyard through the dining room window.

Garden View

When the sun goes down and the moon shines bright

Garden Backyard

the dome shaped lights shine below through the night.

So day or night, it’s peaceful

A place to sit, drink, and relax.

This is a glimpse of what you will see in my backyard.

It continues to be a work in progress.

Despite it’s imperfections, it’s my little paradise underneath the Georgia pines.

Have you created a little backyard paradise?

Enjoy!

Angie

If you like what you see…

I’d love if you’d follow me!

Just click the icons below

Google Plus

and follow!

Make sure you don’t miss a thing!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

8 Comments

• Erin @ DIY On the Cheap

Love it, Angie! It looks so peaceful and pretty!

June 7, 2013 at 12:09 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thanks Erin!

June 9, 2013 at 8:47 pm Reply
  • Betsy(@coastal-colors)

Angie, this is so pretty and inviting! I love the color of your furniture! The lights and your chandelier are great!

June 7, 2013 at 9:02 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thanks Betsy!

June 9, 2013 at 8:46 pm Reply
  • Miss Charming

Absolutely gorgeous, Angie! I love it. Such a beautiful and interesting backyard. (Can I teleport it to my house?) It’s one of the best backyards I’ve seen in a long time!

June 11, 2013 at 1:20 am Reply
  • Fabiana

It turned out so invitingl I love it!

ciao

June 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm Reply
  • Monika

Dear Angie,
    You have created – and I believe still do, since we all are in the continuum of change 😉 – the most inviting extension of the house. This is such a bliss to spend few minutes here and there throughout each day, to catch up with yourself and tune accordingly to the tranquility of your surrounding.
    I’m on the big hunt for the pretty-ugly house, and now getting ready with all the dream projects. Loooots of them!
    Can you please tell what are the top slabs of the pergola are made of. They look like iron… Can you advice where / how to find sth similar. I’m not very found of the wooden top slabs so would rather find sth more durable
    Warmest regards
    Monika

August 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thank you Monika! The top of the pergola is copper tubes. I hope to share a tutorial with you soon. We built this before I was a blogger, but I can explain how we made it for you in a future post. 🙂

August 30, 2013 at 1:43 pm Reply