Kitchen Home Tour | Slipcovered Grey Kitchen Home Tour

Kitchen Home Tour

Home Tour Kitchen

As I was enjoying my time cutting hydrangeas,

getting them ready to bring inside,

I thought about you.

Interior Kitchen Hydrangea

I thought about things you might like, and what I like.

I thought how much I enjoy going to others blogs and seeing the interiors of their beautiful homes.

There are some gorgeous ones out there!

It’s almost as if they invite me in for a drink.

Beverage Tray

I get to know a bit about them without them even saying a word.

It’s pretty amazing how an interior can say so much about a person

where they have traveled,

what colors they like,

if they have a vibrant or relaxed personality,

if they appreciate art…

and the list goes on.

My thoughts on this made me think of you.

I haven’t shared much of my interior with you.

Is there a reason?

Oh yes, there is…

FEAR!

I want you to enjoy it…

I want you to like it…

an interior is a reflection of who we are, and you know, it’s hard to put myself out there.

Yes, I have a blog and write publicly,

but…

I’m always a little nervous to share.

So…

Here goes…

Let me invite you into my kitchen

The beginning of my Home Tour.

Come on in…

Home Tour Kitchen

I chose this house because of the open floor plan.

The kitchen is filled with natural light as windows surround the space.

Home Tour Kitchen

It’s not a large kitchen, but large enough.

At a later date I will share with you where this kitchen began.

Home Tour Kitchen

It took much effort, paint, and elbow grease.

All of it on a little budget.

Home Tour Kitchen

I wanted to create a Coastal Cottage kitchen.

A kitchen with a relaxed feel.

Home Tour Kitchen

Where you can sit and have a meal

Home Tour Kitchen

and enjoy this spot in Georgia that is a little like Paradise.

Home Tour Kitchen

Thanks for coming in!

Home Tour Kitchen

There’s still a lot I would love to do in here.

If you look close you can find the unfinished projects – still in the works.

I am a little quirky that way…

I put my unfinished pieces where I want them in my home.

This is motivation to get it all done.

I can’t wait to show you what my kitchen looked like before and how I achieved

this look on a little budget.

I am glad I cut my hydrangeas – it made me overcome a fear.

I hope you are glad I cut them too.

Enjoy!

Angie

You can see more about my kitchen…

Kitchen Before and After

How I Transformed My Countertop

Kitchen Buying Guide

Lastly…

If you like what you see…

I’d love if you’d follow me!

Just click the icons below

Google Plus

and follow!

Make sure you don’t miss a thing!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

43 Comments

• Heather | Vivid Hue Home

What a gorgeous kitchen! Love the open space and how you’ve decorated it! You have nothing to fear! Great job!

July 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm Reply
    • Angie

Oh, Heather, thank you so much! This means a lot, especially coming from you, with your amazing decorating in your home. 🙂

July 15, 2013 at 7:03 pm Reply
  • Shelli (Warn) Osthus

Oh my gosh Angie it’s BEAUTIFUL!!! I love a white kitchen with dark hardwood floors. We are just beginning a whole house remodel and if you lived closer I would be calling on you for your expertise. I love reading your blog and seeing all the beautiful things you do in your home. You are so talented!!

July 15, 2013 at 9:35 pm Reply
    • Angie

Shelli! Thank you so much! You just made my day! I would love to see what you are doing in your home. Lucky girl… a whole house remodel? I would love to help even though I am far away. You just let me know. Thanks for reading my blog, it means the world to me.

July 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm Reply
  • Betsy(@coastal-colors)

Angie, your kitchen is lovely! I love the coastal cottage feel! The open shelving is great! I also love your hardwood floors! Seriously, you have nothing to fear! Your kitchen and Hydrangeas are stunning!

July 15, 2013 at 9:59 pm Reply
    • Angie

Ahh, Betsy… thank you! You and I both love the coastal cottage look, there is something so calming about it. There is nothing more beautiful than a vase of hydrangeas – I think they help make any room look better.

July 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm Reply
  • Jamie Zwemke Stephens

Angie,
    Hello old and dear friend !
    Your kitchen is beautiful. As others have said, You have NOTHING to fear indeed!
    I’m inspired ! I look forward to seeing the rest of your home!

I’m thinking of you now!
    Love,
    Jamie

July 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm Reply
    • Angie

Jamie, my fellow munchkin, how are you? Remember when we got on stage, 3 times a day, for three months? I had no fear then, I guess performing is easier than putting a kitchen on a blog page? Ha! Thanks so much for reading and following along my journey Jamie.

July 16, 2013 at 4:18 pm Reply
  • Steph (Bertram) Jakubik

Angie – You’re amazingly creative and talented! I love your kitchen…especially the dark wood floors! I also love the pup! Very sweet! – Steph

July 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm Reply
    • Angie

Steph, Thank you so much for your kind words. I always wanted a dark floor, and surprisingly, it is easy to keep clean. Ally is a love, always right by me everywhere I go. Thanks for reading, Steph! Miss you!

July 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm Reply
  • Cindy K

I can not imagine what else you would want to do. Gorgeous!

July 17, 2013 at 8:38 am Reply

Thank you, Cindy. 🙂

July 17, 2013 at 8:45 am Reply
  • Sarah | The Accidental Okie

Love love love love! This is my dream color scheme. In fact, we were going to make this color scheme a reality in my world. But we got something way better! Want to know what? You’ll be jealous. You should probably be sitting. Instead of a beautiful kitchen makeover, we got termites! Wahoo!

Anyways, I digress. Can you please tell me what counter top surface you used? It looks like a high-end laminate, which is what we were going to go with. It looks marvelous.

July 17, 2013 at 6:04 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thanks, Sarah! Termites? Oh that’s no fun… When we moved from the Midwest (termites tend to not like snow apparently???) we were told it’s not “if” you are going to get termites, it is “when” you are going to get termites. What??? I am so sorry they did damage to your home.

Anyway… now YOU better sit for this… My counter top is really not that special. Can I say paint and polyurethane? LOL! Pretty high-end, I know. I am going to do a blog post about it real soon. It has held up for 6 years now and still hanging in there.

July 17, 2013 at 7:09 pm Reply
  • Wendy

I’m so glad I came over today! Your kitchen is gorgeous and very welcoming. I love it all. Light blue hydrangeas are my favorite. Can I visit again? 🙂

July 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm Reply
    • Angie

Wendy, I am so glad you came over today too! We have something in common, I love hydrangeas… my all time favorite. If I could have them all over my backyard I would. They are also the best cut flower. I would love for you to visit again! 🙂

July 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm Reply
  • Katie @decoratemylife

I just joined home talk today and you are the first blog I visited! I’ll admit, it was your cute dog that attracted me first… but I love everything about your kitchen. Those dishes! That cute table! I’m painting my cabinets white right now and you are right- it is a LOT of elbow grease. We’ve lived in our home a little over a year now, and I can relate with you- I’m just beginning my first home tour. We think people want to see perfect, but I think they just want to see our normal, creative selves! Thanks for sharing.

July 17, 2013 at 8:57 pm Reply
    • Angie

Awe, Katie, thanks so much for your sweet comment. I am so glad you came over from Hometalk. You will love spending hours there for sure. Ally likes to hang right next to me all day long. When she is in my photos I let her pose. She is quite the sweetie, so I might as well share her with you all. Painting Cabinets is not a joy, but when they are done, it is so nice. It is definitely worth all of the effort. I think you are right… I tend to be a perfectionist and that is something I need to say “goodbye” to. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your home tour.

July 17, 2013 at 10:15 pm Reply
  • kristin

So glad you let us into your home, it is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more 🙂
    XO
    Kristin

July 17, 2013 at 9:01 pm Reply

Thank you Kristin!

July 17, 2013 at 10:16 pm Reply
  • Lorri

Hi. I just found your blog from a Thistlewood Farm facebook post. You’ve done a wonderful job with your kitchen. 🙂 I love the stools you are using at your table. Would you please share where you got them? Thanks. 🙂

July 17, 2013 at 9:52 pm Reply
    • Angie

Lorri, I am so glad you stopped by. I adore Karianne over at Thistlewood! Thank you for the kind comments about my kitchen. The table and stools are from Ballard Designs, if I could do my entire home in Ballards, I would. They are comfortable stools too. 🙂

July 17, 2013 at 10:22 pm Reply
  • Tammy Scott

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR KITCHEN, especially the CABINETS! What brand/color are they painted with?

July 17, 2013 at 10:01 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thank you Tammy. The cabinets are painted with Benjamin Moore – White Dove. My favorite white. Are you thinking about painting your cabinets?

July 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm Reply
      • Tammy Scott

Thank you so much for replying. Yes I am planning to paint my cabinets. I know it’s a lot of work, so I’m kinda scared! I know it will be worth all the hard work. My cabinets now are a lot like your before pictures, so I’m ready for a change too.

July 19, 2013 at 9:40 am Reply
        • Angie

I am excited to see them! It is a lot of work, but is really worth the effort. We had to work in stages or I would have been too overwhelmed with everything I wanted to do. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions before you dive into it.

July 19, 2013 at 9:52 am Reply
  • Rita Joy

Thank you so much for opening your home to us. I love it and look forward to seeing more!!

July 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm Reply

Thank you, Rita, for stopping by to see it. 🙂

July 18, 2013 at 10:13 pm Reply
  • Robin~All Things Heart and Home

Angie I love love love your beautiful kitchen! Looking forward to seeing before pics and all the details. So happy to meet you and glad I found you! xo
    Robin
    All Things Heart and Home

July 18, 2013 at 7:56 am Reply
    • Angie

Robin, I am so glad you found me too! Thank you for the sweet comments. My next post is about the before and after transformation. I am excited to pull out the old before pictures and share them with you.

July 18, 2013 at 10:15 pm Reply
  • Patty Arnone

Beautiful kitchen!!! Where did you purchase the rug under your table?? I love it!!

July 19, 2013 at 12:56 pm Reply
    • Angie

Thank you Patty! The rug was a Target clearance item. I purchased it about 9 years ago and it has held up great!

July 19, 2013 at 1:58 pm Reply
  • Erin @ DIY On the Cheap

It looks beautiful! You’ve done a great job with it.

July 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm Reply

Thank you, Erin!

July 20, 2013 at 1:39 pm Reply
  • christy

I just found your blog via Pinterest and love your kitchen remodel! I am wondering if you’ve shared how you changed the kitchen light from the flourescent box light to the track light? I have an old dated flourescent light in my kitchen that I’d love to change but don’t know how to start. I searched around the internet a bit but still haven’t come up with much help. Please share! Thanks!

July 20, 2013 at 10:50 am Reply
    • Angie

Thank you, Christy! I am so glad you found my blog – Pinterest is so great! I haven’t shared how we transformed the kitchen lighting yet. This is my husband’s department and I will check with him and make sure to post about it. (We did the lighting awhile ago – before my blog). I remember it wasn’t that difficult, so I bet you can tackle it yourself. 🙂

July 20, 2013 at 1:46 pm Reply
    • Angie

Hey Christy- My Kitchen Buying Guide will show you the track lighting we purchased at Home Depot. My hubby said it was easy to remove the fluorescent light box with removing the screws. Once down, it exposes the electrical mount and wires. Here you can mount any light fixture. The track lighting kit had directions, as far as we can remember, and it was easy to install. You will need two of you to accomplish the job. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions. I hope this helps.

July 31, 2013 at 10:51 am Reply
  • Kim

Christy, this is gorgeous! I love all the little details…and the white cabinets and dark floors are a beautiful contrast. Question: I see a blue slipcovered loveseat peeking around the corner…where did you get it and do you like it? Am thinking of buying one but I’m torn. Again, beautiful!

August 14, 2013 at 12:43 am Reply
    • Angie

Thanks, Kim! You are right, there is a blue sofa peeking around the corner. It is a Pottery Barn Charleston Sofa. I originally purchased the loveseat and full sofa from my sister about 11 years ago. She had it for a good 4 years too. It has held up great and I still love it. If I were to purchase them from Pottery Barn I would opt for washable slipcovers. These are dryclean only.

August 14, 2013 at 4:00 pm Reply
  • Kathleen Nutter

Great job. I like the vintage feel. I’m struggling with a small table area. Your backless chairs have made me think!!!!

January 2, 2014 at 9:14 pm Reply
    • Angie

Kathleen, I have really liked our Ballard Design backless stools. They work perfectly and it is really a nice option to tuck them under the table. 🙂

January 11, 2014 at 10:20 pm Reply
  • Michelle

Your kitchen is beautiful. We are preparing to paint our cabinets white dove. Can you tell me what the beautiful blue paint color is in the background? It looks close to Palladian Blue, maybe? Thanks!

September 15, 2014 at 11:11 am Reply
    • Angie

Thank you Michelle. I have moved from this house and am going through the same process. White Dove on cabinets is my all time favorite, so I have to do it in my new home too. The blue in the background is Wedgewood Grey by Benjamin Moore HC146. (I hope that number is correct). Good Luck with painting your cabinets – I hope you love them when you are all done.

September 15, 2014 at 1:06 pm Reply